Charles N. Waste was born on July
5, 1720, in the section of Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts
now known as New Bedford. And here he grew up.
It is believed, but yet unproven,
that his grandfather was the Bezaleel Waste who sailed from Scotland
or England with his brother James to make his home near Portsmouth,
New Hampshire in the year 1670.
"My personal belief is that
the above two brothers later settled in Massachusetts, as they
were both iron workers," wrote 81-year old Thomas Waste,
son of Ira Charles Waste, in a letter in Fayette, Iowa to his
nephew William H. Waste in 1923. These two brothers probably
settled in Bristol County, Mass., because in this State, Charles
N. Waste was soon born.
"He was an iron bloomer and
owned a foundry," wrote Charles Howard Waste of Jacksonville,
Vermont in 1921. "He fell when carrying a bar of iron across
a foot-bridge, and was killed."
From two sons, Bezaleel Sr. and Eli,
stemmed the two principal branches of the Waste family in America,
shown on the official records.
Charles N. Waste died on July 19,
1765, in Plymouth, where he had lived all his life. He died at
the age of 45.
At 17 he married DEBORAH WILLIAMSON
on November 17, 1737; she was 19. She was born in Plymouth in
1718 and died in Wilmington, Vermont in 1790 at the age of 72.
Her parents were George Williamson (b. 1675) and Mary Crisp Williamson
(b. 1678) - a family that dates back to the Pilgrims of 1620.
Charles and Deborah Waste had 9 children:
Marcy Waste (1739-17??), wed Consider
Hannah Waste (1740-17??), wed Thomas
BEZALEEL WASTE, SR. (1742-1818) (Our
Richard Waste (1742-1762), unmarried.
Eli Waste (1746-1833), wed Jemima
Babcock; had 7 children.
Sarah Waste (1748-1789), wed Peter
Crapo; had 6 children.
Noah Waste (1750-17??), wed Betty
Nathan Waste (1753-17??), wed Marcy
Austines; had son Noah.
Deborah Waste (1757-1792), wed James
Plymouth, Plymouth County, Mass.
(pop. 13, 600) lies 37 miles southeast of Boston on Plymouth
Bay, an inlet of Cape Cod Bay. It is a summer resort and a top
tourist attraction: it manufactures woolen goods and contains
many cranberry bogs. It was established in 1620, when the Pilgrims
from Plymouth, England arrived here in December aboard the "Mayflower".
It is New England's oldest town. White man first saw this hilly
area in 1602.